Electric Vehicle Assembly Mechanic
We are seeking a skilled Vehicle Assembly Mechanic to join our growing team. Lightning eMotors is the lead manufacture in electric transit vehicles in the northern Colorado area and want you to join our team!
The role will be based in the company’s headquarters in Loveland, Colorado.
More about us:
It is an exciting time at Lightning eMotors, a fast growing company that designs and manufactures a wide portfolio of best-in-class zero emission medium and heavy duty vehicles – from Class 3 cargo vans, passenger vans, and ambulances, to Class 4 shuttle buses and box trucks, to Class 6 work trucks, Class 7 city buses, and Class 8 motor coaches. Our team designs, engineers, customizes, and manufactures electric vehicles to support this wide array of fleet customer needs, with a full suite of telematics, analytics, and charging solutions to simplify the buying and ownership experience and maximize uptime and energy efficiency.
We expect 2021 to be a game-changing year for us, as we intend to go public through a SPAC merger with GigCapital3 in the first half of 2021. This would enable us to continue scaling our manufacturing and engineering capabilities, and maintain our leadership in the commercial electric vehicle space.
With 10 years in R&D, Lightning is ahead of the game with our dominant market positioning, proprietary technology, and highly experienced management team.
Please visit www.lightningemotors.com to learn more!
About the position:
Reporting to the Vehicle Assembly Lead, this position is for a Vehicle Assembly Mechanic, responsible for all removal of OEM components and upfit of all in house assembled components. The components are assembled into a kit in support of Lightning Systems Vehicle Electric Conversions. A qualified person in this position will be a front-line operator mechanically and electrically on the vehicle assembly floor. This is a hands-on position that involves mechanical modification and assembly, utilizing all types of hand tools and diagnostic skills to ensure that the kit is complete to build specifications. The purpose of the position is to complete the de-content and install of a kit into vehicles. This process also follows into a vehicle as well to ensure that a complete vehicle is ready for final delivery to customer and is driving up to Lightning Systems specifications. This position is also multi-functional, serving as a general resource to help wire harness development/production when needed or if no vehicles are ready for up-fit.
Key accountabilities include:
- Inspect and verify kitted components attached to sled to ensure all harnesses and components are functional to allow confidence in installation by helping to find errors before installation making rework easier to accomplish if needed. Apply similar testing to finished vehicles testing all operations before delivery to customer.
- Read, interpret, and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately inspect, assemble, and troubleshoot equipment and products.
- Work with front line operators on best practices related to tool use and mechanical workmanship
- Drive the production schedule by ensuring clear alignment with schedule and WIP
- Utilize handheld tools such as a handheld screw, drill gun, driver
- Performing wiring and hose connections as required by EOM stands
- Troubleshoot difficult problems in wiring harness design/manufacturing
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Perform related duties as required.
- At least 2 years of vehicle mechanical assembly/repair required. ASE certification a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Safety Management, Manufacturing, Controls and Instrumentation, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Power Tools, and Manufacturing Quality
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Must be able to follow directions
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and instruction manuals; read drawings, prints, schematics, and diagrams.
- Excellent customer service-oriented skills and attitude
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Good interpersonal communication skills, ability to effectively communicate in-person, team environment
- Proactive, self-motivated, and independent worker; ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Able to troubleshoot and outside of the box thinking, Excellent problem solving and creative thinking
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
- Able to regularly perform repetitive tasks
- Possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to stand, bend/stoop, squat/crouch, climb, kneel and twist.
- Job is performed in an automotive manufacturing atmosphere and as such, subject to certain noises, smells, and typical service shop work environment.
Once hired, employees are offered generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Plan (if enrolled in medical plan)
- Paid time off (accrued)
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- $21-$24/hr non-exempt
|Salary||$21 - $24 Per Hour|