Lightning eMotors is a fast-growing company searching for a qualified and skilled Mechanical Engineer/Designer.
The role will be based in the company’s headquarters in Loveland, Colorado.
The ideal candidate would create component and system level design and release documentation for electric vehicle systems. This will include working with 2d and 3d CAD models, creating manufacturing and service related drawings, and interfacing with the production team to resolve engineering change requests.
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the successful candidate in this role will be responsible for creating documentation necessary to support serial production and assembly of EV systems.
- Create 3d models of mechanical systems in CAD
- Create 2d and 3d models of wire harnesses in CAD
- Generate 2d drawing packages to support production and manufacturing
- Participate in component verification activities
- Participate in new vehicle design and development
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of 2d and 3d modelling experience
- Technical expertise with CAD platforms
- Experience production and manufacturing processes
- Experience with ERP and PDM tools
- Experience with critical dimensioning and tolerance of parts
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working in PTC Creo
- Understanding of basic electric vehicle systems and operation is preferred
- Experience generating wire harness documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to collect, organize, analyze, and report on data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter, able to start and complete projects quickly and independently
- Experience building strong partnerships with other employees
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience working in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to influence the business at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize and execute work among competing priorities
Physical demands and abilities
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks, including prolonged periods at a desk
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crouch, climb, kneel, and twist.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Once hired, employees are offered generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Plan (if enrolled in medical plan)
- Paid Time Off (accrued)
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Salary: $65-85k annually
Additional hiring information:
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
|Salary||$65000 - $85000 Per Year|