Global Purchasing Manager
Seeking two candidates to fill Manager role for EV Powertrain or Vehicle Chassis/Indirect Materials division
It is an exciting time at Lightning eMotors, a fast growing company that designs and manufactures a wide portfolio of best-in-class zero emission medium and heavy duty vehicles – from Class 3 cargo vans, passenger vans, and ambulances, to Class 4 shuttle buses and box trucks, to Class 6 work trucks, Class 7 city buses, and Class 8 motor coaches. Our team designs, engineers, customizes, and manufactures electric vehicles to support this wide array of fleet customer needs, with a full suite of telematics, analytics, and charging solutions to simplify the buying and ownership experience and maximize uptime and energy efficiency.
We are seeking qualified candidates to fill two position for a Global Purchasing Manager. One in EV Powertrain division and one for Vehicle/Chassis-Indirect Materials division. You will be an integral part of our outstanding team, working with like-minded professionals dedicated to making a difference in the world and transforming the automotive industry.
The role will be based in the company’s headquarters in Loveland, Colorado.
Why join Lightning?
We expect 2021 to be a game-changing year for us, as we intend to go public through a SPAC merger with GigCapital3 in the first half of 2021. This would enable us to continue scaling our manufacturing and engineering capabilities, and maintain our leadership in the commercial electric vehicle space.
With 10 years in R&D, Lightning is ahead of the game with our dominant market positioning, proprietary technology, and highly experienced management team.
Please visit www.lightningemotors.com to learn more!
About the position:
- Continuously and vigorously analyze present and future market delivery conditions to identify, report and resolve any Supplier-related production constraints, including any current or foreseeable material shortages
- Collaborate with Lightning Engineering and Supplier Quality to identify potential suppliers with the right qualifications to meet cost, timing, delivery and technical requirements
- Create RFQs, review, analyze and clarify quotations and cost breakdowns from suppliers and develop sound sourcing and business recommendations balancing cost, quality, lead-time and technical considerations
- Negotiate favorable contracts for Lightning including parts pricing, tooling costs and Non-Recurring Engineering Services (NRE / EDT)
- Work with Suppliers and Engineering to release parts into production and issue POs for Prototype Parts and Prototype/Production Tooling and manage the related timelines for part introduction into Lightning
- Maintain overall supplier relationships and act as the commercial point of contact for the company
- Participates in the development of supplier performance dashboards and activities to continuously improve supplier metrics in collaboration with Supplier Quality
- Travel up to 25% of your time to visit suppliers to perform business and program reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in a supply chain, finance or technical discipline and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability
- Master’s degree in a supply chain, finance or technical discipline preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive supply chain or engineering experience within a fast-paced organization related to commercial vehicle and chassis systems
- Understanding of the commercial vehicle and chassis suppliers and manufacturing processes
- Proven leadership capability combined with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems (NetSuite or equivalent)
Once hired, employees are offered generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Plan (if enrolled in medical plan)
- Paid time off (accrued)
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- $100,000-$150,000 DOE
|Salary||$100000 - $150000 Per Year|