Director of Lightning Energy
Lightning Energy is our charging infrastructure business. Join us to lead this opportunity to accelerate commercial EV adoption with fleets.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Bus. development functions and technical sales: 10 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Director, Lightning Energy – fast growing company!
It is an exciting time at Lightning eMotors, a fast growing company that designs and manufactures a wide portfolio of best-in-class zero emission medium and heavy duty vehicles – from Class 3 cargo vans, passenger vans, and ambulances, to Class 4 shuttle buses and box trucks, to Class 6 work trucks, Class 7 city buses, and Class 8 motor coaches. Our team designs, engineers, customizes, and manufactures electric vehicles to support this wide array of fleet customer needs, with a full suite of telematics, analytics, and charging solutions to simplify the buying and ownership experience and maximize uptime and energy efficiency.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill our Director of Lightning Energy position. You will be an integral part of our outstanding team, working with like-minded professionals dedicated to making a difference in the world and transforming the automotive industry.
The role will be based in the company’s headquarters in Loveland, Colorado.
Why join Lightning?
2021 will be a very exciting year for us as we will be going public. We are the leading innovator in the US commercial medium-duty EV market with proprietary vehicle control software, EV chassis integration software and analytics, along with custom products including DCFC mobile charging stations and a host of commercial EV focused IP. We are THE market share leader in Class 3-7 zero emission vehicles and the only manufacturer with a full line of battery and fuel cell zero emission commercial vehicles on the road with blue chip customers. The company has contracted a significant backlog for the next 2 years including the world’s first fuel cell electric Class 6 truck. As the country’s largest commercial zero emission fleet vehicle manufacturing facility in the US with annual production capacity of 1000 vehicles today, expanding to 3000 in 2021 and over 20,000 by 2025.
With 10 years in R&D, Lightning is ahead of the game with our dominant market positioning, proprietary technology, and highly experienced management team.
Please visit lightningemotors.com to learn more!
About the position:
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the successful candidate in this critical role will be develop close relationships with our executive team, employees and partners while working ensure Lightning Energy products and services are delivered on time and to customer satisfaction.
Key accountabilities include:
- Work closely with our executive leadership team to design and execute Lightning Energy’s go-to- market strategy
- Explore, evaluate, formalize, and manage relationships and business agreements with Lightning
Energy’s product partners and service providers
- Collaborate with our Sales, Marketing and Business Development teams to commercialize
Lightning Energy’s products and services, taking the lead in composing and delivering proposals and quotations as needed
- Engage with our fleet customers to present Lightning Energy products and services, and help them pick the right solution set for each situation
- Lead project management activities to ensure Lightning Energy products and services are delivered to our customers in a seamless fashion
- Work cross-functionally with our Program Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain,
Engineering and Finance teams as needed
- Develop finance and pricing models for charger rental, lease, and sales programs
- Manage LCFS (Low Carbon Fuel Standard) and REC (Renewable Energy Credits) programs
- Manage Charging at Lightning corporate facilities – procure and manage installation, grants, credits, and employee use policies
- Attend and represent the company at industry trade shows, webinars and panels
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- 10+ years of relevant experience in complex B2B environments, preferably in technical sales and business development functions
- 5+ years of experience in the EV and/or electric utility industries
- Strong understanding of EV technology, energy systems and related charging infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience of successful project management of complex projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Strong business acumen and sound judgement
- Customer focus-attitude with robust problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt to various situations and audiences as needed
- Intermediate or better Microsoft Office skills
- Regular travel (up to 50%) to customer sites and partner facilities
Once hired, employees are offered generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Plan (if enrolled in medical plan)
- Paid Time Off (accrued)
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- EV &/or electric utility: 5 years (Preferred)
- bus. development functions and technical sales: 10 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
|Salary||$110000 - $150000 Per Year|