We are seeking a talented Bill of Material (BOM)/Engineering Change Notice (ECN) Administrator to join our team of outstanding professionals. You will be an integral part of our outstanding team, working with like-minded professionals dedicated to making a difference in the world and transforming the automotive industry.
About the position:
This is a new position at Lightning and reports to the Manufacturing Engineer.
- Review and verify BOM’s released from engineering for accuracy/errors (missing parameters, unrealistic quantities, part number issues, etc.). This is a critical step as inaccuracies in the BOM could drive the incorrect procurement of high-cost parts.
- Verify supporting files from engineering are released, and complete, prior to BOM acceptance (solid model and drawing files used for procurement)
- Import BOMs released from engineering into the ERP system
- Coordinate with accounting to create parts in the ERP system as needed to fulfill new BOMs
- Submit Engineering Change Requests; Process and track Engineering Change Notices:
- Interpret ECN’s from engineering and make the appropriate changes to the BOM in the ERP system.
- Maintain a log of ECN implementation and work with the engineering document control team to ensure all ECN’s are implemented in a timely manner.
- Determine production impacts of ECNs and execute needed actions. If an engineering change impacts work orders that are in WIP (work in progress) then those work orders must be located on the production floor and redacted. New work orders will need to be issued reflecting the engineering change.
- Experience in document control or similar field is required
- Experience working with multi-level BOMs is required
- Experience working with an ERP system is required (we currently use Fishbowl and are switching to Netsuite at the start of Q2 2021)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (reviewing large BOMs, comparing BOMs, etc.)
- Very detail oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Can work well in a team
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Drive to learn
Once hired, employees are offered generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Plan (if enrolled in medical plan)
- Paid time off (accrued)
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- $45,000 – $55,000 DOE
Additional hiring information:
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
|Salary||$45000 - $55000 Per Year|