Assistant Corporate Secretary/Paralegal
Lightning eMotors is a fast-growing company seeking a highly skilled paralegal to join our team!
We are seeking an Assistant Corporate Secretary/Paralegal. You will be an integral part of our outstanding team, working with like-minded professionals dedicated to making a difference in the world and transforming the automotive industry.
The role will be based in the company’s headquarters in Loveland, Colorado.
Why join Lightning?
2021 will be a very exciting year for us as we will be going public. We are the leading innovator in the US commercial medium-duty EV market with proprietary vehicle control software, EV chassis integration software and analytics, along with custom products including DCFC mobile charging stations and a host of commercial EV focused IP. We are THE market share leader in Class 3-7 zero emission vehicles and the only manufacturer with a full line of battery and fuel cell zero emission commercial vehicles on the road with blue chip customers. The company has contracted a significant backlog for the next 2 years including the world’s first fuel cell electric Class 6 truck. As the country’s largest commercial zero emission fleet vehicle manufacturing facility in the US with annual production capacity of 1000 vehicles today, expanding to 3000 in 2021 and over 20,000 by 2025.
With 10 years in R&D, Lightning is ahead of the game with our dominant market positioning, proprietary technology, and highly experienced management team.
Please visit www.lightningemotors.com to learn more!
About the position:
This position is responsible for supporting SEC filing and of all equity/stock related matters, including supervisory role with a stock plan administration and third parties including Lightning eMotors transfer agents. Provide paralegal support of all stock/equity matters in legal function.
- Supervision and oversight of Stock Plan Administration: Responsible for managing and overseeing stock plan administration duties, will serve as backup support for stock plan administrator.
- Supervision of SEC disclosures and associated reports to ensure adequate business controls and compliance. Responsible for review of all SEC reporting obligations under Rule 144 and Section 16 for “insiders”, including Forms 3, 4, and 5. Responsible for supervision of coordination of tracking insider blackout and window periods, including distribution of memos, updates and coordination with vendor. Must have in-depth knowledge of and currency on applicable SEC requirements and New York Stock Exchange listing rules, proxy and annual stockholder meeting requirements for a US based public company, in addition to currency on FASB (FAS 123R), IRC, DWAC and EDGAR, so as to help file public reports, and any as-needed reports requested by the Legal, Accounting, and/or IR departments.
- Draft D&O Questionnaires and review and compile completed forms for accuracy and filing requirements.
- Research and communicate with stockholders on all matters related to stock ownership, including legacy stock matters involving LeM preferred stock, convertible shares, and shares of acquired companies
- Supervise year-end reporting for Annual Report on Form 10-K and quarterly Form 10-Q information related to options and common stock
- Prepare standard text for Form 10-K, and responsibility for Form 10-K exhibits as required by rules; prepare power of attorney reports and independent auditor consent documents
- Prepare and update annual 10b5-1 plans for Section 16 officers
- Assist in ensuring compliance with SOX controls managed by the Legal Department
- Draft director stock award agreements, annual memo to transfer agents and deferred stock unit award letters to directors
- Liase with NYSE, ensure continued compliance with governance and electronic filing requirements for NYSE, and prepare annual affirmation and interim reports
- Responsible for verification of transfer agent data, monthly balancing of stock issued, shares reserved for issuance and treasury stock
- Annual budget preparation for stock exchange fees, filing fees, transfer agent fees and printing fees for legal department budget
- Maintain director and officer stockholdings and work with directors and officers regarding stock holdings
- Monthly stock reconciliation with transfer agent and compliance with SOX controls affecting the Legal Department
- Authorized signatory with transfer agent as attorney-in-fact for Section 16 officers
- Proxy solicitation, proxy mailing, notice and access, website hosting, tabulation and prepare calendar of events
- Prepare annual meeting documents, agenda, format, setup, all aspects of holding the meeting, chairman’s remarks, coordinate with proponents of shareholder proposals, greet and liaise with guests and stockholders, coordinate security matters with head of Newmont security.
- Coordinate filing of Forms 8-K, beneficial stockholder ownership reporting (Schedules 13D and 13G), and proxy filings
- Drafting and filing of proxy statement, including drafting of officers and director information, director compensation, director ownership, beneficial ownership and assist in determining appropriate response to shareholder proposals
- Coordinate dividend payments, review funding letters and approve such letters, draft dividend dates, approve dividend payments, and coordinate with transfer agents
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- 2-4 years paralegal experience,
- Paralegal Certification
- knowledge of SEC regulations and filings, FASB, and/or paralegal experience directly related to SEC, equity and stock plans.
- Detail oriented, strong verbal and written communication skills.
Once hired as a full-time Lightning member, employees are offered generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Plan (if enrolled in medical plan)
- Paid time off (accrued)
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
Additional hiring information:
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
|Salary||$55000 - $75000 Per Year|